Vista Outdoor is seeking a Sr. NetSuite Developer to add to our team. The NetSuite Enterprise Applications team is responsible in whole or part for all business applications that make our company successful. A member of this team will build and design integration solutions as business needs arise. Will troubleshoot application and script issues and manage to resolution.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and perform a variety of tasks. The Sr. NetSuite Developer will establish, coordinate, and maintain solution/systems documentation and will work closely with other IT SME’s to ensure content is correct.
This position reports to the Enterprise Applications Manager and is based out of our Overland Park, Kansas office.
As the Sr. NetSuite Developer, you will have an opportunity to:
- A Sr. NetSuite Developer has in-depth technical knowledge of applications and will be a technical resource to finalize business and technical requirements necessary to design, develop, test and implement solutions on the NetSuite platform.
- Utilize ingenuity and innovation in problem solving and determination of technical objectives.
- Work independently requiring minimal supervision, validates work through consultation and agreement with other team members.
- Actively adapt to changing business conditions, maximizing effort to achieve results regardless of obstacles.
- Is able to interpret functional design documentation.
- Displays confidence in his/her knowledge and expertise, does not shy away from dissenting opinions.
- Demonstrates advanced communication skills with an ability to converse at all levels of the organization in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Develop, code, and test functions and scripts for software applications.
- Collaborate with teammates for translating business requirements into software designs, and technical approaches.
- Execute assigned development work tasks within pre-agreed timeframes or as priorities change.
- Perform migrations of code and supporting configuration between environments.
- Propose system design/enhancements based upon business issues and new requirements.
- Act as a subject matter expert on system functionality and code-level detail.
- Comply with and help enforce standard procedures for Development documentation, version control, programming, and migration best practices.
- Can represent his/her team in technical discussions with senior leadership.
- Bachelor of Science degree with a major in either Information Technology, Software Development, Computer Science, or related technology program.
- Education may be unnecessary given strong equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience and familiarity supporting SaaS / Web Services products
- General knowledge of business systems and processes
- Demonstrated ability to deliver production-grade software products
- A self-reliant work style that does not require significant oversight to perform
- Ability to independently research and formulate potential solutions when problem-solving and troubleshooting complex issues
- Professional demeanor and business-oriented acumen
- Understanding or Expertise in most if not all of the following areas:
- XML and Freemarker
- GIT version/source control Fundamentals
- Web Development Programming Concepts
- Platform Development Fundamentals
- Object-Oriented Programming Concepts
- Event-driven Programming Concepts
- T-SQL basic query structures
You might have:
- 2+ years of direct NetSuite development experience
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years supporting SaaS / Web Services products
- NetSuite Functional User or Administrator experience
- Agile Software Development
- Atlassian application stack (JIRA, Confluence)
$84,400.00 - $139,000.00
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
👉 Please reference you found the job on GetOutdoorJobs.com, this helps us get more companies to post outdoor industry jobs here, thanks!