Vista Outdoor is seeking a Social Media Manager to curate, execute, and analyze the public-facing image of our Shooting Accessories brands on social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and other emerging platforms.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience within the firearms, tactical industry, and/or hunting industry and experience in video and photographic content creation. The chosen candidate must display the ability to craft a clear strategy to develop and execute engaging content across social platforms and sites for the Shooting Accessories brands to include Blackhawk, RCBS, Hoppes, Weaver, Uncle Mikes, M-Pro 7, and Butler Creek.
This position reports to the Brand Manager and is based out of our Overland Park, Kansas office.
As the Social Media Manager, you will have an opportunity to:
- Create and maintain 30+ day social media content schedule.
- Produce, shoot, and edit high-quality videos and photography that showcase our customers, consumers, events, products, services, and brand.
- Manage video projects from start to finish, including storyboarding, scripting, filming, sound mixing, editing, and post-production for social and our sites.
- Optimize videos and other content for search engines and social media platforms to increase engagement and reach.
- Transports, set up/break down equipment, and operate video production and photo equipment, including audio and lighting equipment.
- Curate and manage video on our YouTube accounts and sites.
- Coordinate/execute Facebook + Instagram + YouTube social posts.
- Craft error-free, and accurate copy for social media posts.
- Engage with fans and followers in conversations and monitor from the brands’ voice perspective.
- Devise creative collaborations with influencers, brands, and media on social platforms.
- Collaborate with the Creative, Product and Agency teams in content development and campaign execution.
- Monitor social ROI and KPIs. Compile reports to understand content success and inform best practices.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest video trends, techniques, and technologies, and make recommendations for how we can improve our video content.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience; Greater emphasis placed on experience vs. education.
- 2+ years' experience with photo and video equipment.
- 2+ years’ experience processing and editing photo/video content.
- Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of Facebook Ads manager.
- Experienced with Klear, Meltwater, Sprinklr, Hootsuite, or other social management platform.
- Ability to travel up to 30% for events and content captures; must be comfortable directing.
- MUST be proficient in written English – punctuation + grammar
You might have:
- Experience in the firearm or outdoor industry preferred.
$65,000.00 - $97,400.00
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
👉 Please reference you found the job on GetOutdoorJobs.com, this helps us get more companies to post outdoor industry jobs here, thanks!