As a pioneer in digital outdoor navigation with a suite of apps, onX was founded in Montana, which in turn has inspired our mission to awaken the adventurer inside everyone. With more than 300 employees located around the country working in largely remote / hybrid roles, we have created regional “Basecamps” to help remote employees find connection and inspiration with other onXers. We bring our outdoor passion to work every day, coupling it with industry-leading technology to craft dynamic outdoor experiences.
Through multiple years of growth, we haven’t lost our entrepreneurial ethos at onX. We offer a fast-paced, growing, tech-forward environment where ownership, accountability, and passion for winning as a team are essential. We value diversity and believe it leads to different perspectives and inspires both new adventures and new growth. As a team, we’re hungry to improve, value innovation, and believe great ideas come from any direction.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
onX is seeking a Senior Business Developer to identify step-change opportunities, craft strategies, and launch high-level partnerships. This person will support and advance the company’s business development strategy with a scope that includes bringing proprietary technology and data to onX, increasing exposure to potential onX customers, generating integrations with other products, and creating a range of additional benefits for the company and its customers.
As a Senior Business Developer at onX, you will be responsible for managing all stages of major partnership development, from initial ideation and partner engagement through negotiation and contract execution. Leveraging market insights and industry trends, you will lead the development of sophisticated partner engagement strategies that create value for both onX and its partners. The role will require close coordination with teams across onX and the ability to form strong relationships with external partners’ senior executives.
In addition to a track record of earning trust and influencing others, the ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges. Your ability to make well-informed decisions and prioritize strategic partnerships will be crucial to improving the chances of success, limiting risk, and enhancing the onX customer experience. Ownership, ambition, and an entrepreneurial spirit are essential. This role will report to the Head of Strategic Partnerships.
As an onX Senior Business Developer, your essential job duties and responsibilities will look like:
- Provide critical support to the strategic direction of the company by identifying, prioritizing, and pursuing high-impact partnership opportunities that align with onX’s growth objectives.
- Serve as a thought partner to internal stakeholders to align strategies with the overall company roadmap, ensuring seamless integration and maximum impact.
- Manage all stages of development for major partnerships, from initial ideation and partner engagement through contract execution. This will generally require managing multiple deals simultaneously.
- Develop thorough business cases and robust financial models for various partnerships structures and opportunities.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on partnership strategies, structures, and negotiation techniques, providing guidance and support for internal stakeholders.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 5+ years of business development, sales, or strategy or management consulting experience.
- Strong track record of business negotiations and contracting.
- Strong business writing skills, especially the ability to communicate findings and recommendations concisely to senior decision makers.
- Experience with budgeting and financial modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field (or equivalent experience).
- A shared passion and ability to demonstrate onX’s Company Values.
- Permanent US work authorization is a condition of employment with onX.
Though not required, we would be thrilled to consider candidates with any of the following:
- Expertise in consumer technology and subscription-based business models.
- A deep personal passion for outdoor adventure.
- A well established and extensive professional network in key target industries and businesses relevant to onX’s strategies
WHERE YOU CAN WORK
onX has created a thriving distributed workforce community across several US locations. This position can only be performed from an onX corporate office, “Basecamp,” or “Talent Cluster.”
- Corporate Offices: onX’s was founded in Montana with offices in Missoula and Bozeman. If you prefer to work in an office at least part of the time this is a great option.
- Basecamps: onX’s Basecamps are established virtual workforce communities where a sizable number of distributed team members group for work, volunteering, socializing, and adventure.
- Our current Basecamps are located within a 90-mile radius of the following: Austin, TX; Charlotte, NC; Denver, CO; Minneapolis, MN; Portland, OR; Salt Lake City, UT; and Seattle, WA.
- Talent Clusters: onX’s Talent Cluster locations are smaller, emerging communities of distributed team members.
- Our current Talent Clusters are located within a 60-mile radius of the following: Boise, ID; Charleston, SC; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Richmond, VA; Spokane, WA; and Vermont.
HOW YOU’LL BE COMPENSATED
onX is committed to compensating all employees fairly and equitably for their contributions. For this position, we are open to considering candidates ranging in two levels. Spanning these levels, applicants can expect to make between $130,000 to $165,000 upon hire. The pay range will vary based on experience, skills, certifications, and education among other factors as required in the job description. In addition, full-time onX employees are eligible for a grant of common share options with a vesting schedule and a potential annual bonus of 10% based on company performance.
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, equity, and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health benefits including a no-monthly-cost medical plan
- Parental leave plan of 5 or 13 weeks fully paid
- 401k matching at 100% for the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures and amazing outdoor industry perks
- Annual “Get Out, Get Active” funds to fuel your active lifestyle in and outside of the gym
- Flexible time away package that includes PTO, STO, VTO, quiet weeks, and floating holidays
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting - [90%]
- Standing - [0%]
- Walking - [10%]
- Bending - [Occasionally]
- Kneeling - [Some]
- Lifting - [Up to 25 pounds]
- Reaching - [Regularly]
- Telephone Use - [Yes]
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Travel - Depends on location; remote employees typically travel to Montana twice per year.
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure the team behavior and performance.
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
Position open until filled.
At onX, we believe that diversity makes us better. Bringing together a diverse set of backgrounds, ideas, and opinions helps us to achieve our mission to awaken the adventurer in everyone. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. onX is committed to equal opportunity not only in our hiring practices but also in our employment practices, including but not limited to development, compensation, and promotion. We strive to build an inclusive work community where everyone can be their authentic self, and together, we win as a team. Come join us!
onX is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please contact us at [email protected]
.👉 Please reference you found the job on GetOutdoorJobs.com, this helps us get more companies to post outdoor industry jobs here, thanks!