The Front Climbing Club was Utah's first indoor rock climbing gym, and one of the first in the nation. From its humble beginnings as The Body Shop back in the 80's to three best-in-class facilities today, The Front has never lost its soul or connection to its roots.
The Front is led by three core values, which are outlined below. These values drive our day-to-day decisions as well as the future vision for our company. We expect every member of our team to embrace these values and believe they should align with your personal values to do so.
However, this position is not just for The Front - you will split your time between it and its sister company, Vertical Solutions.
Vertical Solutions is the largest domestic climbing wall builder and offers everything needed to get climbers off the ground - walls, holds and pads. This manufacturing-heavy side of the gig requires broad recruiting and compliance experience.
We do not offer easy jobs. We simply cannot slow down enough to kick back and relax while we are at work, but we highly encourage you to shut off your devices and email and disappear into the mountains on your own time.
Our culture is built on this level of work ethic, as well as integrity, community (we do not use that word lightly), and unity.
All that said, we also know how to have a good time.
You are passionate about people and their professional development. You want to help create a culture of rockstars that love what they do! You don't shy away from a challenge and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You are invested in the potential of our staff, finding talent that complements the unique cultures of our companies.
You have a keen eye for detail when it comes to organization and have tools to ensure things don't get missed. You are a time-managing guru and know how to prioritize projects so that all gets done at a reasonable time.
When you're here, you're committed to productivity, innovation, and driving the vision. And, you can maintain positivity, compassion, and even a sense of humor while you do it.
The Organizational Training Specialist is responsible for improving the expertise, productivity, and efficiency of the employees at The Front Climbing Club, Vertical Solutions, and Testpiece. This position assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively searches for, creatively designs, and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance. The Organizational Training Specialist will report directly to the Director of Employee Development
- Conducts training and development needs assessments
- Develops training and development programs and objectives
- Collects feedback on trainings through surveys and updates trainings as is appropriate
- Plans, organizes, facilitates, and orders supplies for employee development and training events
- Researches, writes, conducts, and records organizational trainings for companywide video trainings as well as departmental trainings
- Audits and updates the training processes
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization
- Works effectively with other members of management, other Human Resources team members, and all staffs across all companies
- Assists Director of Employee Development in the creation of Manager Trainings
- Responsible for upkeep of companywide inhouse Training Modules
- Conducts New Hire Trainings and orientations for all new staff and office productivity trainings on an as needed basis
- Works closely with department heads to create new departmental trainings and/or update existing trainings with new procedures
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES//
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development
- Video recording and editing skills
- Highly organized
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE//
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Minimum two years of experience designing and implementing employee development programs
- Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) credential preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time
The Front Climbing Clubs and Vertical Solutions are committed to providing an equal employment opportunity environment of mutual respect for all its people. This work atmosphere is available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The Front Climbing Clubs strongly believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our teams is critical to our success as an organization. We are driven to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. As such, we highly encourage those with diverse backgrounds to apply.