We are looking for an experienced Human Resources Director to join our team. In this role, you will oversee the overall strategic direction, planning, coordination, administration, and evaluation of the human resources function for our Outdoor Accessories and Golf segment.
These business segments serve the hunting, shooting, observation and golfing markets through a broad set of brands including Bushnell, Bushnell Golf, Blackhawk, Champion, Eagle, Foresight Sports, Hoopes, Primos, RCBS, Simmons, Tasco, Uncle Mike’s, and Weaver. This role has responsibility for supporting a ~$500M business unit with multiple US locations, Puerto Rico, and over 1400 employees.
This role has several business leaders as clients and an HR team that reports to this position. The Director must be a strong leader, able to clearly define expectations for their team, coach and mentor team members to high performance and provide on-going performance feedback and guidance.
They must also be a strong business partner for the president and his executive team and very experienced in identifying issues and risks, developing solutions, and managing the relationship with other HR functions.
This position reports to the Vice President, Employee Relations and is based out of our Bushnell office in Overland Park, KS.
As the Human Resources Director, you will have an opportunity to:
- Be a strategic business partner for the business unit president and executive team. Help guide all talent and strategy conversations, coach business unit leaders to assure they have the right talent in the right places when they are needed and can collaborate with leaders and managers to develop employees.
- Own on-going day to day HR issues primarily for the Overland Park location, but also assuring that issues (including performance gaps and ethics complaints) are managed effectively and according to corporate policy and legal requirements across the brands/locations within this segment. Additionally, own, guide, and manage HR activities with multi-site responsibilities; directly manage four HR Generalists and a Talent Acquisition Business Partner.
- Assist business leaders as they seek to attract, develop, engage, and retain the best talent in the industry leveraging other HR functions.
- Collaborate with the Benefits and Compensation teams to assure employee compensation and benefits are in line with market pricing and have sufficient motivational and retentive value and are compliant with company policy as well as federal, state, and local requirements. Partner with managers to make sure compensation policy and time recording are administered fairly and consistently.
- Partner with managers to make sure employees have clear goals and expectations, that managers are effectively leading their teams, and employees are building capabilities through on-going development.
- Work with business unit leaders to proactively develop organizational design and transformational plans for growth and function.
- Assist the business unit leaders as they establish strong organizational cultures within their respective groups. Assure alignment with the broader Vista Outdoor culture, but also encouraging and supporting expression of the unique cultural components of each brand.
- Help the business unit leaders create an environment of respect and tolerance for diverse perspectives and backgrounds and truly leverage the power that comes from diversity within the workforce.
- Use expertise in merger and acquisition scenarios as the opportunity arises. Develop best practices and SOPs for use among HR team, lead integration efforts with new companies when necessary.
- 10+ years of progressive HR generalist / business partner experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field. MBA is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles, best practices, legal regulations, and compliance.
- A business acumen partnered with attention to the human element.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards.
- Knowledge of HR law and other employment related legal.
- Experience in supporting a multi-business global platform.
- Experience with manufacturing, hourly, and professional employees.
- Strong project management and change management capabilities – including building and executing projects, communications, and training plans to drive change in the organization.
You might have:
- Experience with California compliance and wages is a plus.`
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
- SHRM Certification is a plus.
- M&A integration experience is a plus.
$124,200.00 - $196,800.00
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
👉 Please reference you found the job on GetOutdoorJobs.com, this helps us get more companies to post outdoor industry jobs here, thanks!