The Global Sports Marketing Director will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive sports marketing strategies to support the brand, products, and values within the action sports sector. You will lead a team of professionals, collaborate with athletes, manage sponsorships, and oversee events that align with our brand identity and business goals.
This position will lead athlete, ambassador, and influencer stories for activations across consumer touchpoints.
This position reports to the VP of Brand and Creative and is based out of our Irvine, CA office.
As the Global Sports Marketing Director, you will have an opportunity to:
- Strategy Development:
- Develop and execute the overall sports marketing strategy to strengthen the brands position as a leader in the industry and drive the vision for the athlete experience in Cycling, Ski and Snowboard to develop deeper relationships between brand and athlete.
- Define clear objectives, target audience segments, and key performance indicators (KPIS( for sports marketing initiatives. Accountable to Key Performance Metrics and ROI measure effectiveness of activation initiatives (engagement) and advertising (ROAS); develop optimization strategies for improving performance by channel and frequency.
- Define the rolling 12-month, week by week tactical rider/consumer engagement calendar with defined and specific deliverables for all consumer touchpoints
- Athlete Partnerships:
- Identify, recruit, and manage relationships with professional athletes and influencers in the industries communities.
- Collaborate with athletes to create content, promotional campaigns, and events that showcase the brands products and values.
- Event Management:
- Plan, organize and oversee the industry events, competitions, and activations to maximize brand exposure.
- Coordinate logistics, sponsorship activation, and fan engagement activities during events.
- Sponsorship Management:
- Manage existing sponsorships and partnerships, ensuring contractual obligations are met and maximizing the value of these collaborations.
- Identify and evaluate potential sponsorship opportunities that align with Giros brand image.
- Budget Management:
- Develop and manage the sports marketing budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources to achieve strategic objectives.
- Monitor and report on budget performance and ROI for various initiatives.
- Oversee annual sports marketing budgets. Work with Regional General Managers and Regional Marketing leads to establish focused initiatives and category budget for each tactic and calendar year.
- Content Creation:
- Collaborate with the marketing and creative teams to develop compelling and impactful content related to sports marketing efforts.
- Utilize various channels, including social media, videos, blogs and more to engage the target audience.
- Analytics and Reporting:
- Track and analyze KPI’s related to sports marketing initiatives, providing regular reports to the executive team.
- Use data insights to refine strategies and improve future campaigns.
- People Management:
- Lead and mentor a multifunctional team to deliver the execution of brand marketing plans successfully.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration:
- Partner with cross-functional teams and external department stakeholders including marketing, design and product merchandising to develop best-in-class offering to drive brand kpis.
- Conduct regular consumer feedback initiatives across digital, in-store, and research-focused initiatives and report findings to broader team of stakeholders
- Work with cross-functional department leaders to refine internal processes and ensure cross functional collaboration and intra-marketing team success.
- Contribute to disciplined and on-time performance of the “Innovation Trail”/PLM, Delivering against departmental KPI’s at key milestones, including athlete feedback and R&D
- Present athlete and innovation plans to broader team of stakeholders at key milestone meetings.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including the ability to motivate, lead, negotiate and influence with cross-functional teams, direct and indirect reports.
- Highest level of Integrity
- Creative and disruptive thinking
- Relationship builder
- Resilient and Scrappy, balancing big idea thinking and roll up the sleeves to get it done
- Ability to multi-task and process and communicate information efficiently
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field
- 7-10 years of experience in sports marketing, preferably within the action sports industry
- Proven track record of successful sports marketing campaigns and partnerships.
- Significant consumer branded products, Bike and/or Action Sports industry knowledge and experience a plus
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills; project management skills
- Proven ability to establish and maintain honest and effective working relationships with individuals from all backgrounds
- Self-starter - ability to define objectives, prioritize workload and produce deliverables
- Collaborator - ability to work cross-functionally with internal and external partners to define and execute programs and build consensus for best results
- Multi-tasker - ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Strong blend of analytical, decision making and creative problem-solving skills
- Heavy market travel required
$143,800.00 - $227,900.00
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, gear discounts and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
👉 Please reference you found the job on GetOutdoorJobs.com, this helps us get more companies to post outdoor industry jobs here, thanks!