AmeriCorps and Member Services Coordinator
Northwest Youth Corps Headquarters, Eugene, Oregon.
Will require 15% travel to recruitment events and project locations which may include travelling within OR, WA, and ID.
$17.00 per hour
Benefit Package includes: Personal Leave, Paid Holidays, Medical and Dental Coverage, Disability/Life Insurance, 401k investment plan, Professional Development, and other perks!
Since 1984, Northwest Youth Corps (NYC), a non-profit organization, has given tens of thousands of youth and young adults opportunities to learn, grow, and experience success. Through partnerships with conservation agencies, youth and young adults gain the personal and professional skills needed to carry out a variety of stewardship projects, from which they can earn a stipend, high school credit, and/or an AmeriCorps educational award.
More importantly, these young people gain skills needed to become economically and socially self-sufficient, benefit their communities as citizen stewards, and recognize that they can make a positive difference. NYC also operates an accredited charter school, internship program, and the Idaho Conservation Corps (ICC).
The AmeriCorps and Member Services Coordinator works directly with the AmeriCorps Program Manager and Member Services Director; with specific concentration given to program participant recruitment/hiring and AmeriCorps grant compliance and file management. The AmeriCorps and Member Services Coordinator will work closely with the Member Services and Program departments to identify community partners, schools, civic groups, and alumni to increase awareness of Northwest Youth Corps throughout Oregon, Washington, and Idaho to successfully support the annual recruitment campaign.
During the hiring process of AmeriCorps members, the AmeriCorps and Member Services Coordinator will work closely with the AmeriCorps Manager to ensure that proper background checks, pre-enrollment, and enrollment processes are being conducted.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Support
- Promote continued organizational support of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Seek to remove barriers to participation in NYC programs for underrepresented
Department Supervision and collaborations
- Supervised the AmeriCorps Grant Manager.
- Works collaboratively with the Program and Member Services
- Ensure that the inherent risks of our programs are clearly articulated in marketing, collateral materials, telephonic communication, and all pre-program engagements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with other Member Services Coordinators to recruit an extensive and diverse applicant pool for youth and young adult
- Professionally represent Northwest Youth Corps while presenting at career fairs, community engagements, school presentations, and tabling events as needed to increase interest and awareness of programming.
- Coordinate applicant interviews, send hire letters, and assist with onboarding of Youth and Young Adult participants and leaders while ensuring AmeriCorps grant compliance.
- Maintain consistent and open communication with Member Services team to carry out goals and expectations.
- Collaborate with AmeriCorps Program Manager to ensure AmeriCorps compliance throughout the onboarding process including conducting background checks and timely submission of onboarding
- Coordinate and lead AmeriCorps orientation and exit meetings.
- Maintain AmeriCorps personnel files and relevant tracking
- Develop a strong and engaged alumni
Position Qualifications & Certifications
- Must possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable driver's record
- A Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Experience and demonstrated skill at public speaking, organizing community events, customer service, writing, reporting, and editing are highly
- Previous experience which demonstrates administrative skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- A strong set of computer skills and data base experience
- Reliable and self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a team-based environment.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- The AmeriCorps and Member Services Coordinator will work in an office setting that is climate controlled, with a noise level that will be quiet too loud. This position serves in an open office environment with staff from multiple departments working in a shared office space.
- When working remotely, the work environment may not be within cell phone reception. You may also be working from a school or community center that is loud, crowded, and/or cold or warm.
- While performing the duties of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or vehicle; reach with hands and arms; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear; and smell repeatedly.
**This Position Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.**
All job offers are contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory background check (criminal history and driving history) as well as record of full COVID 19 vaccination OR an NYC approved medical/religious exemption.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Based in Eugene, OR and may require travel to Idaho and/or Washington State offices. This is a full time, exempt position. Typical hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00 PM; with periodic long days and/or evening and weekend responsibilities seasonally. Workload varies seasonally and will require long days, travel throughout the three-state operation region and/or evening and weekend responsibilities in peak season.
Send a cover letter and resume to Jessica Johnson, Human Resources Officer at [email protected]
with "AmeriCorps and Member Services Coordinator" in the subject line and document attachments in word or PDF format. Please do not call or drop in.
Northwest Youth Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Our core purpose is to provide opportunities for youth and young adults to learn, grow, and experience success. We believe diversity is a key source of strength for our communities, and we strive to create a safe and empowering environment for participants from a wide range of backgrounds and abilities.
We are deeply invested in the success of youth and young adults of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, religions, sexual orientations, economic status, or other socio-cultural identifiers.
👉 Please reference you found the job on GetOutdoorJobs.com, this helps us get more companies to post outdoor industry jobs here, thanks!